Deborah Herrington (email@example.com)
The New Member committee (NMC) is focused on welcoming new members to the division and looking for new ways to help meet the needs of our new members. We are excited to welcome Nichole DePaul to the NMC. As a relatively new member of the Division herself, we are sure that Nichole can provide us some valuable insight into the needs of our new members.
As in the past, in our continued efforts to provide venues for welcoming new members, NMC members attending the spring meeting in San Diego have again committed to be on hand at the Sunday evening social/reception to greet and welcome new members. If you are going to be at the ACS meeting this spring make sure you stop by, get some food, and say hi. Additionally, this summer during the BCCE at Penn State we will be holding our 3rd New Members Welcome Lunch. This is a great opportunity for you to come and meet some new people, let us know what your needs are as new members and meet some more experienced DivCHED members to learn more about how you can get involved in the Division and get the most out of your membership.
Let us know what we can do to help serve you better. There are a number of venues available, both face-to-face and virtual, and we would love to hear from you!
- Join the ACS Division of Chemical Education group on Facebook and post your ideas.
- Come to our annual meeting at the National ACS meeting this spring in San Diego. The meeting will be on Monday March 26, 2012 from 12:30PM – 1:00PM in the San Diego Westin.
- Join us at the DivCHED social at the National ACS meeting. It will be on Sunday March 25, 2012 from 5:30PM – 7:00PM in the Emerald Ballroom at the San Diego Westin.
- Attend the BCCE New Members lunch this summer at Penn State. The lunch will be held from 12:45-1:45 on Monday July 30, 2012.
- Check out our web page (http://www.divched.org/committee/new-member) and send us an email.