The American Chemical Society, Division of Chemical Education, Examinations Institute (ACS Exams) is seeking a new Associate Director. The Associate Director will assist in test development, including working with exam committees, setting and editing trial and released tests, generating scoring reports and trial test statistics. The Associate Director will also assist in production exam support and new product development including generating test statistics and norming data. Finally, the Associate Director will assist in research activities including proposing and leading independent research projects, writing and submitting grant proposals, supervising and mentoring post-doctoral researchers, and disseminating research findings through presentations and manuscripts. ACS Exams is also potentially interested in candidates to fill two positions, one with expertise in test and new product development and another with expertise in research activities related to assessment.
Minimum qualifications for this position or these positions are:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemistry Education or a closely related field
- Tenure-track position in chemistry department or equivalent
- Experience with ACS Exams and the exam development process (this could include previous research experience, exam committee experience or the like)
Preferred qualifications for this position or these positions are:
- Previous research done in the area of Chemistry Education
- Post-Ph.D. training (in traditional post-doctoral fellowship, teaching post-doctoral or similar)
This is a continuous recruitment. Consideration of applications will begin on Thursday, December 1st, 2022, and continue until the position or positions are filled. Applications received after Wednesday, November 30th, 2022, may not receive consideration. A complete application will consist of a cover letter, curriculum vita, concise statement of research, and three letters of recommendation. All application materials should be submitted by e-mail to Kristen Murphy, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com.